To honor promising students and encourage them to maintain the best academic work, and to further extend their potentials and prepare themselves in both knowledge and capabilities.
- The scholarships will be awarded to students with outstanding academic records and decent conduct.
- The amount awarded to each student per academic year can be 3000 RMB, 5000 RMB, 8000 RMB, or 10000 RMB.
- Annual Program: For each scholarship, donors are encouraged to make a gift of 150,000 RMB or more in one payment or a gift of 50,000 RMB or more per year for 3 consecutive years.
- Endowment: Donors are encouraged to make a gift of 500,000 RMB or more in one payment to set up a scholarship endowment. The revenue of the endowment will support the program while part of the revenue will refund the principal for sustainability of the endowment.
- For donations to the above annual program or endowment, the donors are entitled to name the scholarship, such as in “Peking University Kenneth Fong Scholarship”.
- Donations less than the amount requested in the annual program or the endowment will be added together into the “Peking University Yucai Scholarship”. The donors will be acknowledged in the annual reports and scholarship brochures of PKUEF (USA).
The scholarship program is carried out on the basis of academic years at Peking University:
- Scholarships and application procedures will be announced on campus at the beginning of the semester in September;
- Peking University Scholarship Evaluation Committee will complete the evaluation of the applications in mid-December. The results will be reported to the donors around the end of December.